Coaches – Start Here!
So you want to be a part of our coaching team? Thank you!
Please read on.
Expectations of a Coach
The Wetaskiwin Soccer Club cares deeply about the well-being of our players. For this reason, we have the following expectations of anyone who applies to coach our teams:
- Watch the video above to ensure that you have a clear understanding of your role as a coach.
- Read and Understand the Canada Soccer Fair Play Codes and the Alberta Soccer Concussion Protocol.
- Complete a Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sectors Check. Please provide this letter to RCMP to cover any fees associated with these checks: Criminal Check Letter.
- Complete relevant mandatory coach training sessions. (Active Start: U3-U5, Fundamentals: U7-U11, Soccer for Life: U13-U19). Wetaskiwin Soccer Club covers the cost of all coach training sessions.
- Commit your time and energy to become a mentor for a group of young players!
Apply for Coaching Team
Please complete our Coaching Team Application, and our Coaching Coordinator will be in touch with you soon to discuss all of the details for Spring Season 2020!
Coach Training Clinics:
Coaching Clinic dates will be released in February for Spring 2020.
Please note: Wetaskiwin Soccer Club & Central Alberta Soccer Association will cover all costs associated with these clinics. You simply need to clear your schedule and bring a bag lunch with you. To register for any coaching clinics, please contact Les at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you to find the best training clinic nearby.