Coaches – Start Here!
So you want to be a part of our coaching team? Thank you!
Please read on.
Expectations of a Coach
The Wetaskiwin Soccer Club cares deeply about the well-being of our players. For this reason, we have the following expectations of anyone who applies to coach our teams:
- Watch the video above to ensure that you have a clear understanding of your role as a coach.
- Read and Understand the Canada Soccer Fair Play Codes and the Alberta Soccer Concussion Protocol.
- Complete a Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sectors Check. Please provide this letter to RCMP to cover any fees associated with these checks: Criminal Check Letter.
- Complete relevant mandatory coach training sessions. (Active Start: U3-U5, Fundamentals: U7-U11, Soccer for Life: U13-U19). Wetaskiwin Soccer Club covers the cost of all coach training sessions.
- Commit your time and energy to become a mentor for a group of young players!
Apply for Coaching Team
Please complete our Coaching Team Application, and our Coaching Coordinator will be in touch with you soon.
Coach Training Clinics:
This year, Canada Soccer is offering FREE virtual coaching courses! If you’ve been considering coaching, or if you just want to expand your expertise, this is a great time to do it! Please visit our district website for more information and to register. We highly recommend taking the “Safe Sport”, “Respect in Sport”, and “Making Ethical Decisions” courses now, as these are fully on-line courses.
Please note: Active Start, Fundamentals, Learn to Train, and Soccer for Life programs will have a ‘mostly on-line’ component, but will require a form of in-person training in order to receive certification.
Please email Les at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.