Summer Season Coming to an End!
Our Youth Summer Season will end in September, 2020, and we will starting our Youth Indoor Program in October.
Wetaskiwin Soccer Club is so excited to welcome our members back for the Indoor 2020-21 Season! We all know that things are looking a bit different in our new COVID reality, so we have implemented some new procedures to keep our members safe and we have made some other adjustments to the season. We are following all of the guidelines laid out by Alberta Soccer Association and Alberta Health Services. Please visit ASA’s COVID update page for more info at Alberta Soccer COVID-19 Updates.
School Gymnasiums are not currently available for community use
Since we are not currently able to use school gymnasiums as a practice location, we have had to search for another option to keep our members active this winter. Fortunately, the Millet Agriplex has become available to us for a short period this winter, so we plan to make as much use of it as possible! Due to the additional cost associated with our new practice facilities, we have had to increase fees this year.
Additional Health and Safety Measures
In order to comply with AHS and ASA standards, WSC have implemented the following measures for our indoor sessions this winter. These measures are subject to change based on AHS, ASA, and CASA recommendations.
- Each team will be assigned a COVID SPOC (Single Point of Contact). This person will complete a health questionnaire with all players/parents who enter the building for a training session. Additionally, this person will be responsible for the PPE for the team – hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, etc.
- All members must hand sanitize upon entering and exiting the facility.
- With the limit of 50 individuals in a cohort, parents and spectators will not be considered a part of the team’s cohort, and must therefore remain outside the field of play. There will be physically distanced seating available for spectators to watch the sessions from.
- Due to our facility having narrow hallways and several smaller areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained, we will be asking all players & spectators to wear a mask while inside the building. Players may remove their mask as soon as they enter the field of play and are only in contact with members of their cohort. Spectators may remove their mask while they are seated in the arena to watch the play.
- There are limited bathrooms available on site, but the changerooms will not be available due to AHS standards. Players are not permitted to change their clothes while they are in the field of play, so we recommend that players arrive for their session ready to play (cleats, shinpads, training shirt, shorts).
- The facility will be sanitized between group uses, and coaches will be responsible to sanitize all equipment before and after each session.
- All cohort members (players, coaches, and COVID SPOCs) will be required to complete the relevant ASA COVID declaration before the first day of play.
- Players, parent/guardians, and coaching staff must agree to follow all ASA recommendations provided in their checklists for before/during/after play. These checklists are available at the links below.
Payment Options and Financial Assistance
Due to having no school availability, we’ve been forced to look elsewhere for training facilities. This creates a higher cost of service for our members. We understand that many members are not in a position for increased fees, and we would love to work with you to make soccer a reality for you this year. We have the following payment options available:
- Installment payments – Members may choose to elect for monthly payments instead of a one-time fee. The first monthly payment must be received by WSC before the first day of play. Subsequent installment payments must be received by WSC before October 31, November 30, and December 31, 2020. Balance must be paid in full by December 31, 2020.
- Jumpstart is available for anyone currently accepting CERB, and gives a grant of up to $300 per child. Kidsport; is another option for financial assistance, giving a grant of up to $250. If you have applied for assistance, please send your confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be offering a team fundraiser option to save up to $70 per player. For more information on this, please contact Alison at email@example.com.
- If you are still concerned about the financial commitment this season, please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to help you get your player on the field!
Important Registration Info
Please review our Fees and Days of Play before you begin the registration process.
Youth Indoor Season Start: October 5th, 2020.
If this is your first time using TeamSnap, you will need to create an account. Please be careful, as your browser may attempt to auto-complete the registration fields, and this may cause errors in your registration. If you have used TeamSnap before, you can login with your TeamSnap credentials and complete the registration details.
Once your registration is completed and paid, you will be added to a team in TeamSnap. You will need to download the TeamSnap app on your phone, and then you will receive an invitation to join the team by email. If you do not receive an email invitation, please email Christie at email@example.com.
This year, all of our registrations will be done online through TeamSnap. If you need help with the online registration, please email Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org she will do her best to accommodate your request.