Welcome to indoor Soccer 2021-22!
Wetaskiwin Soccer Club is so excited to welcome our members back for the Indoor 2021-22 Season! This year, we will continue to follow all of the guidelines laid out by Alberta Soccer Association and Alberta Health Services. Please visit ASA’s COVID update page for more info at Alberta Soccer COVID-19 Updates.
Additional Health and Safety Measures
In order to comply with AHS and ASA standards, WSC have implemented the following measures for our indoor sessions this winter. These measures are subject to change based on AHS, ASA, and CASA recommendations.
- Each team will be assigned a COVID SPOC (Single Point of Contact). This person will complete a health questionnaire with all players/parents who enter the building for a training session. Additionally, this person will be responsible for the PPE for the team – hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, etc.
- All visitors (players, coaches, and parents) will be asked to comply with the guidelines of each facility utilized during the season. Each team will be assigned a Parent volunteer to ensure that the rules of the school facility are being respected.
- Players are not permitted to change their clothes while they are in the field of play, so we recommend that players arrive for their session ready to play (cleats, shinpads, training shirt, shorts).
- Coaches will be responsible to sanitize all equipment before and after each session.
- Players, parent/guardians, and coaching staff must agree to follow all ASA recommendations as laid out in the waivers in the registration form.
Fees & Days of Play
Important Notes: All fees and training plans are subject to change based on evolving Alberta Health Services and Alberta Soccer Association health measures, and facility availability. If Wetaskiwin Soccer Club is unable to proceed with our 2020-21 indoor program due to Alberta Health Services or Alberta Soccer Association mandates, refunds may be issued.
Youth Indoor Season Start: Tuesday, October 12th, 2021.
U7-U9 DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE (BORN 2013-2015)
This program will consist of an in-house development program with the addition of a few mini-festivals with other teams from our district – dates TBD.
Fee: $200 (Installment payments available)
(includes player insurance, facility rental, training t-shirt, shorts, socks, and league fees)
Note: If we are unable to provide a league structure for the U8/U9 group this winter, we will continue to offer an in-house development league at a reduced fee of $100.
U7/U8: Tuesdays 6-6:50pm Sacred Heart School
U9: Tuesdays 7-8pm Sacred Heart School
CANCELLED U11, U13, U15, U17/U19 CAYSL LEAGUE (BORN 2003-2012)
Please note: Due to low registration numbers and lack of coaching staff, we will not be able to offer a travel program for U11-U19 players this year. For those who wish to play indoor soccer this year, we can recommend an excellent program with our neighbours, the Camrose Vikings.
Payment Options and Financial Assistance
We have the following payment options available:
- Installment payments – The initial payment of $100 is due before the first day of play, and remaining payments are due on November 1, 2021 and December 1, 2021. If you would like to set up automatic installment payments on your credit card, you’ll need to scroll down on the payment page in the registration form, turn ‘On’ installment payments, and continue with setting up your payment card.
- Jumpstart gives a grant of up to $300 per child for winter sports. Kidsport is another option for financial assistance, giving a grant of up to $250. If you have applied for assistance, please send your confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are still concerned about the financial commitment this season, please contact Amy at email@example.com. We will do our best to help you get your player on the field!
If this is your first time using TeamSnap, you will need to create an account. Please be careful, as your browser may attempt to auto-complete the registration fields, and this may cause errors in your registration. If you have used TeamSnap before, you can login with your TeamSnap credentials and complete the registration details.
Once your registration is completed and paid, you will be added to a team in TeamSnap. You will need to download the TeamSnap app on your phone, and then you will receive an invitation to join the team by email. If you do not receive an email invitation, please email Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, all of our registrations will be done online through TeamSnap. If you need help with the online registration, please email Christie at email@example.com she will do her best to accommodate your request